Click here for a Printable version
Download our scrutineering form here
- Any machine that does not fit into other classes.
- Proof of component maybe required (Clutch etc) to pass safety scrutineering. Any tractor deemed unsafe by TPNZ officials will be disqualified and not permitted to hook onto the sled.
- No restrictions to tyre modifications (cutting, non standard, etc) but must pass safety scrutineering. Any tyres deemed unsafe must be replaced before hooking onto sled, failure to do so will disqualify entry.
- Cross bolts must be present in exhaust on all turbocharged engines.
- ROPS mandatory.
- Fixed wheelie bars mandatory. Must not be adjustable during a run.
- Hitch height to be no higher than 600mm above hitch point of the sled.
- Hitch height to be Non-adjustable during the pull / any adjustment is classed as a non-competitive (demonstration) pull.
- For hitches that are adjustable (on the fly) such proof that the hitch height has not been lifted during the pull is required for the pull to be recorded as a competition pull.
- Standard draw bar pin or suitable alternative (rated) hook to be used, no 'D' shackles can be used.
- A mechanical failsafe for hydraulic failure must be present if wheelie bars are held by hydraulic rams.
- Wheelie Bars must be heavy enough design to carry the weight of the tractor.
- Wheelie Bars are to be a MAXIMUM of 300 mm above ground and to be minimum of 100mm rear wards of the wheels in a vertical line from the rear most part of the wheels.
- Dead-mans throttle or breakaway kill switch required.
- Helmet (open or full face) must be worn to pull
- Safety belt (4 point harness recommended) mandatory & must be worn. Failure to wear safety belt during a run will be grounds to disqualify.
- Fuel shutoff valves and fuel type must be clearly labelled on all machines.
- Maximum engine RPM not to exceed 3000rpm for Diesel engines. Engines over 3000rpm require sheilds or shatter blankets of suitable material to contain any debris.
- For fuel other than Diesel and Petrol* drivers must wear suitable fire safety clothing.
- Fire Extinguisher to be mounted on tractor and must be accessible from the ground.
- Safety scrutineering form to be completed and submitted to competition officials prior to first pull. Failure to do so may be cause for disqualification.
*Drivers of petrol powered machines are encouraged to wear fire safety clothing.